Sunday, August 31, 2008

August

At 16 months Quinn is turning into a little boy before our eyes. My sweet, cuddly little boy. But as sweet as he can be at times, he can equally be a little stinker! Seeing that Gabe and I have basically known each other since childhood and Quinn is his father's son, I knew this was coming... I just wasn't expecting it yet! For example...Quinn's new thing is to hit and say doh (don't!). Well, I wonder where he learned this from!! So, the other morning just as I got one of the sweetest sloppiest kisses ever, it was playfully followed by a slap. Yes, a slap. It didn't hurt at all of course... but completely caught Gabe and I off guard. And ever since Quinn hits and says doh. Gabe, Me, the poor dogs, the wall, his high chair tray, the windows, everythig. I am hoping this is just one of those phases, I mean surely it is. So, I immediatly turned straight to Dr. Dobson's advice in "Bringing up Boys". It calms me to know that these traits are simply innate in a boy. They are rough and tough. They are slightly rambunctious. They are BOYS. I, however, am not used to this. I am girly, I like frilly things, I adore clean pressed clothes, clean hands and hair. But I have a funny feeling this is just the beginning of a lifetime of Big Boy behavior!


So, other than Quinn's tendancy to be rough ocassionally, he is learning all sorts of new things. This Sunday morning Gabe and I were woken by Quinn yelling Ma.... then a second later.. Maaa.... then Ma Maa. Over and over. I wanted a few more minutes of shut eye but it was so funny I couldn't help but jump out of bed to greet my little man! It was the first time he really said Ma ma without saying mamamama... you know repetitively. It brought such a smile to my face. So now our names have been shortened to Ma and Da. And he will actually call our names out when he wants us or the cutest is when he yells out Ma or da and then peeks around the corner in a room and leans in low and whispers something and then runs off so we will follow him somewhere. I could go on and on with stories but I will spare you. Here are some pictures of our rough and tough baby!


And big news in the Stagner house is that Quinn is now a one nap a day man. As you can see it is taking a little adjustment... on Mommy's part and Quinn's. I think we both miss our morning nap equally! Quinn now cat naps in his swing during Sesame Street in the morning and every time we get in the car.

During Labor Day weekend we made our way to the park quite a few times! Quinn enjoys being outside more than anything and it is a good way to expend some of his endless energy! So I played photographer... I must say not very well though.

On Sunday Daddy and Nanny joined us at the park!

He just couldn't wait until nap time after playing in in the park!

1 comment:

The Kelsos said...

Shell, he is just adorable! I LOVE your blog! I love reading about how he's turning into such a little man. I have lots to look forward to!
The photo of Quinn at the top of the page is absolutely precious...