Thursday, February 17, 2011

14.8 pounds of pure joy


That sweet smile brings Gabe, Quinn and I so much joy! He's just such a happy, pleasant baby!  He has blessed our marriage, our daily lives, every aspect of our family unit.  Back when B was less than a month old my mom kept him overnight so I could get a full nights rest (thank you mom) and when we went to bed that night, I just kept thinking how empty our house felt without him.  How such a little baby with no words and little expressions could take up such residence in our home and hearts. Of course we know this in our minds- how everything in our home changes the moment we walk in from the hospital with a new baby, but to feel that emptiness for him surprised me a little.  And not only did Gabe and I miss him, Quinn was so ready to pick B up the next morning that he just couldn't stand it! Quinn is a such a wonderful big brother.  I knew he would be, but his interest and desire to be with and around Bennett has pleasantly surprised me.  We were a little slow going in the beginning... I think Quinn just wanted to make sure B wasn't going to sneak in his room and slobber all over his superheros... but he came around quickly once he realized that wouldn't happen (at least not yet)! He hasn't shown an ounce of jealousy and it makes me smile to see his heart so open to Bennett and to having him around at all times!  I am so thankful for that. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. I have some precious video of the boys together that I will have to upload also... whenever B fusses, Quinn quickly rushes to calm him by repeating "is okay Bennett, is okay Bennett" in the most precious voice.  Sigh....

Here's Bennett's 4 month stats:: 
weight: 14 lbs, 8 oz. (45th percentile)
head: 16 3/4 in. (55th percentile)
length: 26 1/4 in. (90th percentile)

So, what this says is that Bennett's a healthy baby and is getting plenty to eat (always a nursing mom's biggest worry). And although he is rather long now, after reviewing mommy and daddy's height, Denison assured us that B would most likely not be 6'0. Bummer. And he has an even bigger head than Quinn did! All thanks to my good big head genes :)  And this picture shows that he really does have curly hair... can you believe that it dries so straight!



1 comment:

Hampshire Family said...

Hey Hun!! I love your blog...so happy to see it! B is absolutely adorable...LOVE his hair!!